White pine rough sawn framing lumber.
True 8″ x 8″ beams.
2″ x 4″, 2″ x 6″, 2″ x 8″, 2″ x 10″ are all actual sizes – not dimensional.
Kiln dried 1″ x 8″ tongue and groove exterior siding and optional interior finish.
Kiln dried 1″ x 10″ shiplap material for roof deck
Amish made Simpson type brackets to anchor beams to concrete
The following material is included with every lumber package and amounts will vary according to package purchased. All lumber is bundled and labeled for specific use. We include a 15% overage on tongue and groove to make sure that you will have more than enough to build. We are available to answer any and all questions, from you or from your builder. 100% of ALL telephone calls will be returned.
- 8″ x 8″ beams – cut to approximate length
- Brackets to anchor beams to concrete
- 3″ x 10″ headers
- 3″ x 8″ roof rafters
- 2″ x 6″ siding nailers
- 4″ x 8″ loft beams spaced 16″ on center
- 2″ x 6″ planed tongue and groove loft flooring
- Kiln dried shiplap material for roof deck
- Kiln dried tongue and groove siding for barn exterior
- 1″ x 4″ exterior trim boards
- 1″ x 10″ fascia boards
- 2″ x 12″ stringers (2) and 2″ x 10″ material to construct stairs to loft
- 1 set of custom made Amish built sliding doors (10 ft tall X 5 ft wide each door); all hardware to hang included.
- Enough tongue & groove and 2″ x 4″ material to construct a cupola (size per print).
- Railing for loft – 2″ x 2″ material for railing pickets, 1″ x 4″ trim, and 2″ x 4″ handrail.
- 2″ x 4″ material for roofing nailers
- 3 sets of architecturally designed blueprints
Please note that our plans are designed for agricultural use. It is our experience that the vast majority of states do not require an architecturally stamped print for agriculture use. If you are planning to use this building for commercial or residential purposes you may need a blueprint that is stamped by an architect from your state. This additional expense (if needed) is the responsibility of the Purchaser.
What We Do Not Include
We do not include any labor, concrete, man doors, windows, roofing, or nails.
We ship our lumber packages nationwide; however freight is not included in the sale price. Most of our lumber packages will fit on one flatbed semi for delivery to your area. We will be happy to provide a freight quote for you.
Things You Will Need to Do
- Necessary site work.
- Install individual footers for beams per local building requirements; we recommend hiring a concrete contractor.
- Contact local builders to get an estimate to erect your lumber package. The labor market varies greatly from state to state. Depending on your location, we may be able to refer a builder for you.
- Order roofing material. Our plans are designed for sheet metal; however other roofing materials may be used. This is an item to discuss with your builder or one of our sales representatives.
- Consider adding any electric, plumbing, or concrete options. Again, your builder will be able to assist you or guide you in the right direction.
- SIT BACK AND ENJOY YOUR BEST WOOD BARN!